Films in the City - screening networking event and the upcoming Cannes in the City
Julian Bushell
#1 Posted : 20 January 2011 02:20:29(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Film Reviewer, Acting/Directing Workshops, Moderator, The Hawking, The Talking
Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Films in the City - Screening and Networking event
Monday 17th January 2011 @ Deloitte Auditorium in London

Non-Multiplex Cinema puts on an evening of the Best of British 2010 short films from Candella Films and from the Berlin's Interfilm Festival, one of the most prestigious short film festivals. New shorts of the highest quality, from the stable that have been previously nominated for Baftas and Palme D'Or at Cannes.

The films for the 2010 folder have been selected and have already started their festival journeys. We'd like to congratulate the following films and filmmakers An Act of Love, dir. Edward Dick, Conversation Piece, dir. Joe Tunmer, Electric Light Wonderland, dir. Susanna Wallin, I Love Luci, dir. Colin Kennedy, Until the River Runs Red, dir. Paul Wright, Watching, dir Max Myers. Some of whom attended the screening and the Q&A.

Many thanks goes to Niall Urquhart for helping to put together such a fabulous event and to the lovely Ruth Doyle, the host for the evening (the lady on the right in the photo). Mariella from Candella Films (the lady on the left) is seeking sponsorship to continue this magnificant journey of supporting the best short films at the major festivals. She is also looking for short films for the 2011 folder. Contact her on mariela@candellafilms.com.

I hope you can join us for our next short film and screening event in London on 6th May. The event is called Cannes in the City (held just a few days before the Cannes Film Festival) and we are currently accepting short films for possible viewing at this event. Please send your DVD (on a non-return basis) to

Non-Multiplex Cinema Ltd
PO Box 1911
Croydon CR90 9BQ
United Kingdom

Email info@nonmultiplexcinema.com for more information. We are also seeking a sponsor for this event.

All the best,
Julian
(Non-Multiplex Cinema)
Boris Paperhead
#2 Posted : 25 January 2011 00:21:22(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Great article here. the event looks like it was smashing! Who hosted this event?
Boris Paperhead
#3 Posted : 26 January 2011 11:31:30(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Oh Ruth Doyle! I thought it was her. Some of my friends were there and said she was an amazing host. I hope to catch her next time!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed