NEW MEDIA EVENTS (SOON)
mike gould
#1 Posted : 29 December 2010 14:13:07(UTC)

Groups: Registered, Film Reviewer, Moderator, Acting/Directing Workshops

FILM MEANS BUSINESS will be arranging two events on the subject of NEW MEDIA as it applies to the film business.

There will be a small, interim event on Wednesday 23rd February 2011 and a main panel event on Monday 11th April 2011.

FMB would like to ask all members to submit suggestions as to the areas of NEW MEDIA that are of most interest to them and why, and to recommend experts who might be invited to speak/present.
hocfocprod
#2 Posted : 21 January 2011 18:03:44(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'd like to hear from someone on the growth of 3D. Is it a passing fad (Like it was in the 80s) or here to stay? If it's here to stay, how long do independent filmmakers have to start shooting in "Real 3D" before we're woefully behind the curve...again?

I have no idea who to offer as an expert, but I suspect Sony or Panasonic might have reps willing to talk on the subject.
nick@doublebygettyimages.com
#3 Posted : 08 February 2011 15:54:20(UTC)

Groups: Registered, The Hawking, The Talking
Man

I would like to share amongst the group some of the ways that Getty Images are developing New Media. We have a new division called Double by Getty Images which is a new approach to producing marketing and publicity collateral for film makers and distributors alike. What we are trying to achieve with Double is provide a way that film makers can create content with us and then using our licensing models find new licensing and revenue opportunities. Treat all the assets you create for a production whether its stills, epk, b'roll, or clips from the film itself as an asset that can be exploited all the way along the value chain and long tail of the film.

www.doublebygettyimages.com

Rss Feed  Atom Feed